|Major Manufacturing Sub Groups||Count||%|
|1||Printing & Publishing||686||21.90%|
|4||Fabricated Metal Products||307||9.80%|
|5||Instruments: Medical, Optical||217||6.90%|
|6||Apparel & Footwear||217||6.90%|
|9||Chemicals & Drugs||135||4.30%|
|10||Food & Kindred Products||112||3.60%|
|11||Glass, Clay, & Stone||88||2.80%|
|12||Toys & Sporting Goods||86||2.80%|
1) 7.8% of all California manufacturers are in San Diego County.
2) 4.3% of all San Diego County firms are manufacturers.
3) 9% of all San Diego County workers are in manufacturing.
4) 32.5% of all San Diego County manufacturing firms are tech related.
5) 92.8% of all San Diego County manufacturing firms are locally owned.
6) 13.5% of all San Diego County manufacturing firms are in the Golden Triangle.
7) 2.3% of all San Diego County manufacturers employ over 250 people.