|Major Manufacturing Sub Groups||Count||%|
|1||Printing & Publishing||978||19.70%|
|4||Fabricated Metal Products||555||11.20%|
|6||Instruments: Medical, Optical||291||5.90%|
|8||Apparel & Footwear||182||3.70%|
|10||Food & Kindred Products||136||2.70%|
|11||Chemicals & Drugs||131||2.60%|
|12||Glass, Clay, & Stone||122||2.50%|
|13||Toys & Sporting Goods||95||1.90%|
1) 12% of all California manufacturers are in Orange County.
2) 6.1% of all Orange County firms are manufacturers.
3) 13% of all Orange County workers are in manufacturing.
4) 35.7% of all Orange County manufacturing firms are tech related.
5) 93.6% of all Orange County manufacturing firms are locally owned.
6) 4.3% of all Orange County manufacturing firms are in the Spectrum.
7) 2.2% of all Orange County manufacturers employ over 250 people.